Test taking should not have to be stressful. If you plan and prepare well in advance, it should be a piece of cake. The exam might be tough, but you can do it! Use these 8 simple tips listed below to help you succeed in your online examination.
- Time management skills – Developing good time management skills and being aware of how you use your time is extremely important for your success. First you will need to develop a study plan and set aside a set amount of time of study hours per week. Are you more productive in the morning or at night? Figure out the time of day when you are most productive and use that time to study for your exams.
- Study space – What is the best study space you can think of? Dedicate a quiet study space that is free from distractions where you can concentrate and focus solely on your studies. Let your friends and family know that this is your time to study and not to disturb you during these times.
- Prioritize work – What subject do you need help with? The best way to study for an online exams is to begin with the most difficult subject first, then work your way to the easiest.
- Weekly review – What is the best time during the week you can review? Set aside one day per week for a review session and use that time to review class notes and other materials.
- Get help – The internet is full of information – Make use of your computer and the internet. Anything and everything you need to know is just a click away. Another way to get additional help is to talk to an online tutor or classmate or ask your online instructor for help or clarification if you are not sure about something. There are also several online discussion groups that you can join and get help that way.
- Cramming – Cramming just does not work! Staying up all night cramming for your online exam for the next day is useless. The night before the online exam should be used for a quick review and then, off to bed early. Your brain and body needs a lot of rest to function at its best.
- Have a positive attitude! – Relax! Have a positive attitude and approach the online exam as you would approach any other exam. Keep in mind that online exams are a part of your online learning process that you simply cannot avoid. So the best thing that you can do is be prepared.
- Online exam day – Whatever you do, do not skip breakfast. Did you know that you function better with a healthy breakfast to start your day? Before the exam begins, make sure you have everything you will need for the exam. Read the instructions very carefully and proceed. You will do just fine – you will see.